New homes now available at One The Elephant
The first new homes for sale in the new One The Elephant development were successfully launched on the 12th and 13th of January.
A community preview event was also held on the 10th January to enable local people to be the first to see the plans, home layouts and residents’ facilities on offer, as well as the wider benefits the development will deliver for the community.
Due for completion winter 2015/spring 2016, the landmark development of 284 sustainable new homes has its own website at onetheelephant.com where you can register your interest.
One the Elephant is a significant milestone in the wider regeneration of the Elephant & Castle, being driven by Lend Lease in partnership with Southwark Council. Together with planned improvements to the adjacent St Mary’s Churchyard park and Southwark Council’s new state-of-the-art community leisure centre (due to open 2014), One The Elephant will form a new focal point in the heart of Elephant & Castle.
The name One The Elephant signifies a landmark building: the first development of its height to achieve Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 and a significant milestone in the area’s wider regeneration. By referencing The Elephant, as the area is referred to locally, the development and its homes are then linked to the vibrant local neighbourhood.
Key features and benefits include:
• An elegant 37 storey tower and four storey pavilion designed by Squire and Partners, offering 284 studio to three bedroom homes
• New community shops, restaurants and business space
• Over £2million contributed for significant improvements to local transport
• The development will enable the delivery of the new Elephant & Castle leisure centre, including a new pedestrian street and public square to link the two developments
• Each home will have well designed interior spaces which capture the best of the views, a quality outside space, a cycle space, a three year car club membership and access to a grow garden and reading garden